Thursday, February 20, 2014

Honey, I made you a hat!

My husband has been wearing a hat around the house. Why? Because we keep the house cold, and he doesn't have that much hair. I had been making arm scarves like mad, and he said, "I wish I had a warm hat to wear around the house." Arm scarves take about an hour. My kind of craft is done quickly. "A hat, you say?" That takes actually knitting skill. "I'll make you a hat," said I. We scoured about for a pattern I could handle (men's hat), and I got some cozy full thick yarn (wool-ease thick & quick oatmeal). Then the fun began. I was trying to get it done by Valentine's Day, but it took me a little longer. I had to learn what the pattern notations meant, and I restarted it several times to get the hang of it. Learned a lot about knit and purl on this project. I hope it fits B.
Too big for these needles
About a quarter of the way through I had to get round needles because it wouldn't fit on my straight needles anymore.
Ready to sew it together. I looks a little big...
The result - a big warm huge hat. I hope he has a big enough melon to fit into it. It definitely is warm. He didn't say anything about it fitting.
Your Honor, I just followed the directions.
Almost stitched up
All done
Everybody has to try it on.
Still looks a little big
It is really really warm.
Try on your hat, Honey!

No, it's not for the guy on Fat Albert. (It could be)
Well, it's warm. Hot even. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment