Monday, January 21, 2013

This Week in Review

1/14-1/21
17 miles run
1 yoga workout

Only 17 miles this week. It's the least I've run in a week in months, and I kind of feel guilty about it. And I kind of don't. Rest is good, but I don't feel like I rested during that time either. We pulled all the kids toys out into the living room and all the sorting we should have done over the last two or three years we did last week. Then we rearranged furniture, vacuumed, dusted and sorted some more. Whew. Finally, I had enough space to do yoga yesterday.

Fruit Punch Ruu Muu! Can you believe I was overdressed?
Yoga and strength training humbles me. A bunch. I can go out and run a 10 miler without much hesitation and be fine for the rest of the day. 20 minutes into yoga I can hear my heart pounding and something on my body is burning. Humbling indeed. I love the Iron Yoga video because it combines upper body weights and yoga with no impact. It's cheesy but effective.

I had the opportunity to run with friends this week, and it was great. It was nice enough out for me to wear my new Ruu Muu running dress. The Ruu was my reward for running 1000 miles last year. Soon and very soon I will disclose my 2013 goals, before the end of January.


Today it's super duper cold, negative wind chills and single digits. I said no to running with Kim today. It made me sad, but I find my joints don't do well in the frigid cold. And I plan on kicking my own butt again doing yoga today. It was like saying no to piece of cake to have a fiber bar, sad short term, but good long term.

Classes start tomorrow. I'm taking calc III and linear algebra. I'm nervous. Not about the classes, or that I'll be reading math books and doing math problems in all my free time. I'm nervous about my girlios and sitting. I'm excited about the sitter I've found, a Godsend really, but I'm still work about these things. And juggling everything, like meals, finances, times, work, working out and class. It makes my head spin. It can keep me up at night. It makes me want to run. But, I can only control so much, and the rest I have to just let go. So I take a deep breath and remember that today has enough troubles of its own. One step at a time. One day at a time.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good yoga session today! I did miss you, but we will have more runs together! :)

    I stress all the time about getting all the things done that I want to. I wish I could be more easy going about it!

    ReplyDelete