|Looking good in the oven|
When I went to the grocery store this week, I picked up limes just to try out the recipe. We had several cans of condensed milk hanging out in the pantry not doing anything in particular. Older sister was at a play date, and littler sister needed some attention. This was perfect.
Aussie Lime Pie
|The crust is amazing|
2/3 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp light corn syrup (I used honey)
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks (the whites will go into the oatmeal pancakes in the morning)
1/2 cup lime juice (I juiced 5 limes and was a little short)
2 tsp lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Mix oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
3. Mix butter, baking soda and syrup until frothy and pour it into the oat mixture.
4. Stir well and press the mixture into the bottom and the sides of the pie pan.
5. Combine condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice and lemon rind. Pour it into the well.
6. Cook for 20 minutes in preheated oven or until filling is firm. (Our crust overflowed so you may want to put a pan under it.) Chill before serving.
|This! It's like a key lime pie in a macaroon crust.|