So today I thought about the encouragement I wanted to hear. Here are a few things I heard.
- It's okay to let the dishes wait. They'll be there when you are ready.
- You don't have to make a gourmet meal. Simple still fills stomachs.
- Take time for yourself. Don't feel guilty about a moment of sanity.
- It's okay to close and even lock the bathroom door.
- You don't have to do all the laundry today. Try for one load.
- Your kids are only this age for a moment. Spontaneously hug them even though they are driving you crazy.
- It's okay to sit down.
- Change it up a bit. Change it up a lot if need be.
- Turn up the music if you like this song. Dance maybe.
- It's okay to be good enough today.
- Today is not a reflection of tomorrow.
- Today may bend you, but it won't break you.
My day wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Partly cloudy when the forecast looked like rain. If you're a tired mom like me, I hope you find this encouraging. There are many many days we need it. There is hope on the drudgery days.